Our societies need new narratives showcasing the connection between migration, human potential and creating the future we all need.
The Emerging Leaders Artivism Alliance is a pioneering program that positions newcomers (refugees and migrants) who are at the cross-roads of arts and social change, to make use of their resilient life experience as potential for leadership and large-scale influence
Is this you?
- Actively engaged in creating change through an artistic practice
- Lived experience of migration (refugee or economic migrant) and for 2023 applications: based in a European or African country
- Leading a project impacting a social or environmental challenge
- Eager to spread new narratives in institutions, networks or mainstream audiences
- Able to showcase your work and communicate effectively about your goals
Then this fellowship is for you!
You will get:
- Innovative, fast-paced leadership training to increase your capacity to lead others
- Opportunities to showcase your work, grow your project and reach new audiences
- A global community of peers – emerging leaders who can offer you support, connections and friendships for a lifetime
- Individual mentoring by experienced artists and activists based all over the world
- Invitations to new networks to amplify your reach
- The support of potential partners who are actively looking to amplify new voices
You will need:
- An average of 5 hours per month from October 2023 to April 2024
- Fluency in English (equivalent B2 level minimum)
- Availability to travel for an in-person gathering in Tunisia from 22nd to 28th of June 2024
“I see myself in a position that allows me to advocate and contribute more effectively in the causes for which I stand. The fellowship has brought me closer to achieving my goals and helped me consolidate my organization. I have also met fellow professionals that I continue to collaborate with, and with whom I share a common vision.”
– Abir, Emerging Leader 2021
Are you an organisation that shares our aims? We are building an exciting model of collective impact.
Are you an artivist or activist that believes in the potential of artivism? Become a coach to the artivists of the Emerging Leader Artivism Alliance!
Want to follow the project and hear its news?
It is also part of Emerging Leaders, an award-winning series of programs that reinforce the leadership capacity of newcomers and accelerate the penetration of new talent into established networks.